Go to: Just Dutch Oven Recipes Home Page|
Click/Tap 'Back' to go to the recipe list you were browsing.
2 tb Dry rub
4 lb Country-style ribs
3 c Ketchup
1 1/2 c Water
3/4 c Cider vinegar
1/4 c Worcestershire sauce
1 tb Prepared mustard
1 tb Brown sugar
1 ts Dried oregano
1 ts Dried basil
2 ts Dried thyme
1 ts Black pepper
2 tb Salt
3 tb Brown sugar
3 tb Granulated sugar
2 tb Dried lemon peel
3 tb Black pepper
1 tb Paprika
1. Rub Dry Rub all over ribs. Place in glass dish; cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
2. stir together ketchup, water, vinegar, Worcestershire, mustard, brown sugar, oregano, basil, thyme and pepper in a medium-size bowl.
3. Transfer ribs to 5-quart Dutch oven. Reserve 1 cup sauce for basting later; pour remainder over ribs. Cover pot and cook the ribs over low heat for about 45 minutes or until ribs are tender. (Ribs may be prepared up to a day ahead and refrigerated.)
4. Prepare grill or heat broiler. Remove ribs from sauce; discard sauce. Spread ribs with half the reserved sauce.
5. Cook ribs over medium coals or broil until crispy and browned, about 5 minutes. Turn ribs over. Spread with remaining sauce. Cook for 5 minutes more.
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Store unused dry rub in airtight container in cool dark place.
Click/Tap here for the Printer friendly version. (Just shows the recipe only)
You can Click/Tap Back to return here.