Go to: Just Dutch Oven Recipes Home Page|
Click/Tap 'Back' to go to the recipe list you were browsing.
Place New Orleans Gumbo
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 cloves garlic -- minced
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup flour -- all-purpose
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1 dash Tabasco sauce
5 bay leaves
1 can tomatoes -- drained(16oz)
1 cup tomato juice
5 cups hot water
3 cups shrimp -- shelled/deveined
6 small hard-shell crabs
24 shucked oysters
1 pound okra -- chopped
3 cups hot cooked rice
chopped fresh parsley
1. In large Dutch oven, gently sauté onion, celery and bell pepper in butter; add garlic and continue to sauce 5 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and slowly stir in flour.
3. Add salt, pepper, Tabasco, bay leaves, tomatoes and tomato juice; simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add the hot water, shrimp, crabs, oysters, and okra; cover and simmer 30 minutes.
5. Spoon a few tablespoons cooked rice in each of six large soup bowls; ladle gumbo onto rice and garnish with parsley.
Click/Tap here for the Printer friendly version. (Just shows the recipe only)
You can Click/Tap Back to return here.