Go to: Just Dutch Oven Recipes Home Page|
Click/Tap 'Back' to go to the recipe list you were browsing.
1 lb. fresh bay or Sea Scallops
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
3 cups vegetable oil
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup dry sherry
1 tsp. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. white pepper
2 tsp. chopped fresh ginger
3 scallions, white part cut into rings, green part into julienne strips
2 tsp. chopped fresh coriander
2 Tbsp. sesame oil
1 small carrot, cut into julienne pieces for garnish
1. If using Sea Scallops, cut them in half. Combine with 1 tablespoon cornstarch in large bowl and toss to coat.
2. Heat vegetable oil in wok or Dutch oven until almost smoking.
3. Combine sauce ingredients in small bowl.
4. Add Scallops to pan, stirring to separate, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until they float to top of oil. Remove with Chinese mesh spoon or long handled slotted metal spoon and drain in colander lined with paper towels. If using wok, carefully pour off oil into a container. Saute 30 seconds, then add Scallops and sauce ingredients. Cook until Scallops are well coated and heated through. Swirl in sesame oil.
5. Heat wok or large heavy skillet and add ginger, scallion rings and coriander.
6. Mound Scallops in center of heated serving plate and garnish the edges, if you wish, with the carrots and green scallion strips.
Click/Tap here for the Printer friendly version. (Just shows the recipe only)
You can Click/Tap Back to return here.