Go to: Just Dutch Oven Recipes Home Page|
Click/Tap 'Back' to go to the recipe list you were browsing.
Southern Fried French Toast
serving size 1 and 1/2 slices
Ingredients for 4X batch (6-8 slices):
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
6-8 slices cut diagonally
1. Mix flour and baking powder together.
2. Add egg.
3. Mix till smooth thick paste.
4. Gradually add the milk until it has the consistency of heavy cream or pancake batter.
5. Place 3/4 inch of oil in Dutch oven and place over hot fire.
6. Heat oil in Dutch oven till a small drop of batter bubbles rapidly in the oil.
7. Fry both sides till golden brown and crispy
8. Drain on paper towels and serve with syrup or powdered sugar.
Click/Tap here for the Printer friendly version. (Just shows the recipe only)
You can Click/Tap Back to return here.