Go to: Just Dutch Oven Recipes Home Page|
Click/Tap 'Back' to go to the recipe list you were browsing.
Wheat Surprise Bread Braid
2 cups warm water
1 tablespoon yeast
3-4 cups flour
1 Tbs. Malt
1/4 cup honey
2 teaspoons salt
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups sourdough starter
canned milk, one egg, olive oil in equal parts well beaten
2 Tbs. Sunflower seeds
1 Tbs. Poppy seeds
1 Tbs. Sesame seeds
1. Combine the yeast and water and let rise.
2. Add the starter
3. Add the other ingredients and 1/2 of the flour.
4. Separate out 1/3 of the dough and add wheat flour to the 1/3 and regular flour to the remainder.
5. Knead for five minutes
6. Let rise until doubled
7. Braid the white dough around the wheat dough and place in a 12 inch Dutch Oven to rise again
8. Brush the top with a combination of milk, olive oil and beaten egg in equal parts
9. Sprinkle the top with poppy seeds, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for about 50-55 minutes. (7 coals on the bottom and 16 on the top around the lid) Serves 20
Click/Tap here for the Printer friendly version. (Just shows the recipe only)
You can Click/Tap Back to return here.