Go to: Just Dutch Oven Recipes Home Page|
Click/Tap 'Back' to go to the recipe list you were browsing.
Apple Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
1 small apple, chopped (Granny Smith)
1/2-cup bread crumbs, soft
1/4 cup celery, chopped
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
2 Tablespoons raisins
2 Tablespoons walnuts, chopped
2 - 3 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat
1/2 cup apple cider
1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
1. Stir together the chopped apple, bread crumbs, celery, raisins, walnuts, green onion, and nutmeg.
2. Add 1 Tablespoon of the cider. Mix well.
1. Butterfly the tenderloin. Cover with clear wrap and pound to 1/2 inch thickness.
2. Spread stuffing mixture over meat. Roll up from one side.
3. Tie with cotton string to secure. Brush with some of the remaining apple cider.
4. Place meat on a rack in a 12" Dutch oven.
5. Bake for approx. 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Sauce: While tenderloin is baking, combine in a sauce pan the rest of the apple cider, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Serve with tenderloin.
CHARCOAL HINTS: Use 10 to 12 briquettes underneath and 12 to 14 on the lid.
Click/Tap here for the Printer friendly version. (Just shows the recipe only)
You can Click/Tap Back to return here.