Go to: Just Dutch Oven Recipes Home Page|
Click/Tap 'Back' to go to the recipe list you were browsing.
Hopi Indian Fry Bread
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup lukewarm water
1. Ignite about 15 to 20 charcoal briquettes and arrange in a pile in your fire pan.
2. Let burn until they are covered with ash (about 20 minutes).
3. Melt Crisco in the Dutch oven for a depth of about 2 inches.
4. Stir flour, dry milk, baking powder, salt and water together and knead on floured board.
5. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
6. Cut dough into 8 sections, then flatten out to 2 inches thick. Drop sections of dough into the hot oil to fry about 2 minutes or until done.
Roll in cinnamon and sugar.
Click/Tap here for the Printer friendly version. (Just shows the recipe only)
You can Click/Tap Back to return here.