Just Dutch Oven Recipes Home|
Tap 'Back' for the recipe list you were browsing.
Chicken and Shrimp Casserole
1 lb. raw Shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 tsp. salt
3/4 cup raw, long grain white rice
2 chicken legs and thighs (1 lb.)
2 whole chicken breasts, split (1 1/2 lb.)
3 Tbsp. salad oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup dry sherry
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves
2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
1. In large saucepan, bring 1 quart water to boiling. Add Shrimp and 1 teaspoon salt. Return to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Drain.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook rice as package label directs. Wash chicken, and pat dry with paper towels.
3. In hot oil in Dutch oven, brown chicken well on all sides. Remove pieces to 3 quart casserole as browned.
4. Discard all but 2 tablespoons drippings from Dutch oven. In hot drippings, saute onion and green pepper until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Stir in soup, cream, sherry, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and thyme until well blended. Add cooked rice and Shrimp. Combine mixture with chicken in casserole.
6. Bake, covered, 1 hour or until chicken is tender. Sprinkle with parsley.
Makes 6 servings.