Just Dutch Oven Recipes Home|
Tap 'Back' for the recipe list you were browsing.
(8” Dutch Oven…..or 1 standard loaf pan in a 12” Dutch Oven)
3 Cups Self-rising flour
1 Tbls – Sugar
1/2 Tbls Veg. Oil
1 can of Coke, or Ginger Ale
1. Prepare charcoals for Dutch Oven
2. In mixing bowl, mix all of the above dry ingredients first. Then add a can of soda, slowly while stirring.
3. In a greased 8”Dutch Oven….or a greased/floured loaf pan, spread the bread batter evenly.
4. Place 8”Dutch Oven on coals (or put filled loaf pan in a 12” Dutch Oven) and bake for abour 30-40 minutes at 350-degrees. (Check progress in “thirds,” i.e. 10-15 minute intervals and add/substract coals accordingly.)
5. Test with a thin knife or toothpick to see if bread is baked. Loaf will sound hollow when tapped. Remove bread from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
May add your own flavorings…..oregano, garlic powder…..some shredded cheese/ onions.
Adding the last two will require more cooking time because of the increased moisture.