Just Dutch Oven Recipes Home|
Tap 'Back' for the recipe list you were browsing.
Steak And Biscuits
2 lbs. Round Steak -- about 1" thick
1 can Mushroom Soup
1 lg. can Mushroom Stems and Pieces
2 tbl Oil
Salt and Pepper to Taste
2 1/4 cups Bisquick mix
2/3 cup Instant Powdered Milk
1/2 cup Water
1. At Home. Cut Steak into serving size pieces - 1/2 lb each. Mix Bisquick and powdered milk at place in a 1qt zip-lock bag.
2. In camp. Heat dutch oven with about 20 coals underneath and when a water drop sizzles, brown steaks. Remove 10 -12 coals from bottom and place on lid.
3. Add canned mushrooms and juice to steaks. Add mushroom soup over top and mix in. Cover and simmer for about 15 min. per pound of meat.
4. Mix biscuit dough in zip lock by slowly adding water until a very stiff dough is produced. Remove from zip lock and roll out biscuits and cut into 2" rounds about 1/4 to 1/2" thick. Place on top of soup and steak.
5. Add 8 to 10 additional coals to top and bake covered for about 15 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are browned.
Serve and enjoy.