Just Dutch Oven Recipes Home|
Tap 'Back' for the recipe list you were browsing.
Stew For A Crew
3 lb Beef, 1" cubes
1/2 C Flour
1 tsp Salt
2 Cloves Garlic, mashed or minced
2 Tbl Olive Oil
1 C Water
6 Med. Carrots, 1" Pieces
2 Med. Onion, very coarse chop
4 Med. Potatoes, 1/2" cubes
1 Bay Leaf
1 Tbl Parsley Flakes
1 32 oz Can Crushed Tomatoes
1 Tbl Cider Vinegar
1. Mix salt and flour in a zip lock bag. Coat beef cubes in flour mixture.
2. Heat oil in Dutch Oven or Stew Pot, add garlic, and brown beef cubes.
3. Add water and scrap pan bottom. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
4. Cook over low fire. Add water, as needed, to retain about 1" of liquid.
5. Add carrots, onions, optional tomatoes, and bay leaf and cook for 30 minutes.
6. Add potatoes and parsley and cook for 30 - 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
7. Add optional vinegar, mix thoroughly and heat through.
8. Serve with rolls or French Bread.
Serves - 8.